We held another workshop in Masindi where we invited mathematics teachers from various schools in masindi, teachers trainers.
- The psychologies that drive learning in mathematics.
- Accommodating the learner’s different psychologies and approaches to receiving and understanding mathematics.
- How to best assess that the learner has learnt considering that different learners and their different psychology of learning mathematics.
- A discussion of the different existent methods and when a teacher should best apply them.
- Focus on some particular methods; investigatory and interactive in order to engage learners and have them do the learning themselves.
- Main frames to note when developing instructional materials for particularly mathematics teaching and learning.
- How culture and its aspects tie into the learning of mathematics and its relevance.
- Teachers’ teach the way they were taught.
- The learner is not given focus as the center of learning.
- Teachers do most of the talking and with the way they were taught, find challenge, but are progressively adjusting to letting the learner be the learner, not themselves