We held this workshop at Rutindo School Pakanyi Masindi District where we invited various stakeholders who consisted in parents of learners from different schools in Masindi District
- Parents attitude/thoughts towards mathematics and its relevance.
- Parents awareness of their children’s progress especially in mathematics.
- Parents participation in the learning triangle of parent, teacher and learner.
- Factors affecting parents in the involvement of the teaching/learning of their children.
We listened what the parents had to say about their relationship with their children and mathematics and found out that:
- Parents/guardians stated whether or not they liked mathematics.
- Parents/guardians spoke of whether or not mathematics is a challenge to them.
- Parents/guardians gave a picture of what their children say about mathematics.
- Parents/guardians related their children’s attitude towards mathematics in relation to other subjects.
- Guest speakers showed parents their role and involvement in the teaching/learning of their children