We organised an outdoor workshop at Rutindo School Masindi where we came up with artifacts from locally available materials. A combined effort of the learners, teachers and the project team lead to the crafting of artifacts that can easily be used in teaching various mathematics concepts.
- Teachers and pupils both participated actively in the making of these artifacts.
- Many mathematical concepts were easily drawn from the made artifacts.
- Learners got a true picture of making artifacts from their creativity.
- Learners were allowed to craft various objects that they are familiar with and most of the creations reflected learners’ home environment.
- Learners realized most of the artifacts created are normal objects that they have been playing with all along but didn’t know how they can be related to Mathematics.
- Teachers got a taste of how to be creative in crafting artifacts from whatever materials are locally available in and around the school and also relate them to the various mathematics concepts they teach in Class.
- Teachers and learners were introduced to the idea on how to maintain already made artifacts for their benefit in learning.