The workshop was held at Rutindo Primay School Pakanyi Masindi district in June 2018.
Math teachers from various schools in Masindi district
- Comparing scheming ideas and resources.
- Challenging mathematics topics for learners.
- Challenging mathematics questions from identified topics.
- Solutions to identified challenges.
- Learners find a challenge especially where no teaching/learning aids are used.
- Teachers need to be creative and flexible with the methods and approaches to best help learners.
- Team effort at every stage is required to ground learners in foundational concepts.
- Learners need thorough descriptive explanation of mathematical terms and symbols.
- Some curriculum stipulations and expectations are limiting and create confusion.
- An examination driven demand makes both teachers and learners to miss focusing on understanding, but rather cramming concepts to pass.